Air Force Military Personnel Records




Want Instant Access? 


Find Airforce and Military Personnel Records



Airforce Military Personnel Records Search

How to Locate Your Air Force Military Personnel Records

Air Force personnel records contain administrative data on the individual whose record it is.  However, Air Force Personnel files do not include information on the veteranís actual participation in military engagements or battles.  Specific information concerning participation in particular battles is generally included in other military records.  Air Force Personnel records include the medical record, the Report of Separation, and other military records.

Personal military records may include the following information:

  • Name
  • Enlistment
  • Duty stations
  • Duty assignments
  • Training assignments
  • Qualifications
  • Disciplinary actions
  • Performance report
  • Decorations, including medals and awards
  • Promotions
  • Insurance
  • Emergency data
  • Administrative remarks
  • Discharge information (Report of Separation)
  • Retirement information
  • Other personnel actions

Many reasons exist for searching for your personal military records.  Air Force personnel records can be used to prove an individualís performance in military service.  These records can also be used to verify dates of service and assignments. 

Those individuals who are doing genealogical research can also use them to gather enormous amounts of useful information.  Military records include detailed information making it a valuable research tool.

How to apply for a copy of your Air Force Record

Only a veteran or the members of a deceased veteranís family can request his or her complete military personnel record.  In fact, typically, this record is provided free to veterans or their survivors.  If a fee is required due to the nature of the request, the requestor will be notified as soon as possible.

Members of the general public can request limited information on veterans without their permission or consent.  A member of the general public is considered to be anyone who is not the widow or widower (who remains unmarried), son, daughter, mother, father, sister, or brother.  A request from a member of the general public must include a completed Standard Form SF-180.

Several methods can be used to obtain the military records.  It may be possible to obtain a copy of your military record by mailing a letter to or visiting the National Personnel Records Center, or NPRC.  Additionally, it may be possible to obtain your military record by contacting your county or state or by hiring an independent investigator.  However, the methods listed below are the common methods used.

The request can be sent through the mail to the National Personnel Records Center.  Questions can be asked at the following phone number:  1-314-801-0800. 

Use the following address when mailing your request:

National Personnel Records Center
Military Personnel Records
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis, Mo. 63132-5100

The request can also be faxed to the National Personnel Records Center office.  The fax number is: 314- 801-9195.  This also requires a completed Standard Form SF-180. 

Finally, a request can be made through the Internet using the eVetRecs system to generate the request.  The following link will take you to the page:

All requests musty be signed and dated by the veteran or the veteranís next of kin.  Furthermore, the following information should be included with all requests:

  • Service number
  • Social security number
  • Branch of service
  • Dates of service
  • Date and place of birth
  • If there is any reason to believe that your personnel file was destroyed in the fire of 1973, then also include: place of discharge, last unit of assignment, and place of entry into the service.
The greater the amount of detail you can provide, the easier the procurement of your military records.

Order right now and get Unlimited Access to Airforce Records, Data Report Tools and more!


Login - Contact Us - Home - Air Force Military Personnel Records
 All Rights Reserved Copyright 2008  Military Records Search is an affiliate site that recommends legal means of public records research only.