Military Personnel Records




Want Instant Access? 


How to Locate Military Personnel Records



Military Personnel Records

How to Locate Your Military Personnel Records

Military Personnel Records contain a great deal of information including, but not limited to, name, induction, duty assignments, training assignments, medical records, awards, promotions, disciplinary actions, and separation. The reasons for requesting military records are varied, but may include verification of military performance or use in genealogical research.

A request for military records can be sent through the mail service to the National Personnel Records Center. Should you have any questions prior to mailing your request, the contact phone number to call is 1-314-801-0800. Please note that this is not a toll free number.

The following address should be used for mailing your request:
National Personnel Records Center
Military Personnel Records
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis, Mo. 63132-5100

Also, your request can be faxed to the National Personnel Records Center Office. The fax number is: 314- 801-9195.

A request for military records can also be made through the Internet using the eVetRecs system. Only veterans and their next of kin may use the online request service for military records. Next of kin is defined as son, daughter, unmarried widow, unmarried widower, sister, brother, mother, or father. The following link will take you to the page that will get you started:

Online Procedure:
1. Click on the large red button near the bottom of the page that says “REQUEST MILITARY RECORDS.” A separate window will launch.
2. Complete the customized request form by filling in your personal information or the information of the veteran for whom you are submitting a request. You will be guided through four steps in order to complete the form.
3. According to the requirements of the Privacy Act of 1974, all requests must be signed and dated by the veteran or the veteran’s next of kin. Print the signature verification form. Next, sign and date it. Steps are given for how to proceed in the event that you do not have a printer available.
4. Fax or mail the signature verification form to the given address in order to process your request. This must be done in the first twenty days after completing the online request form or your request is cancelled.

Furthermore, the following information should be included with all written requests and will be requested for all other requests:
• Name
• Social security number
• Service number
• Branch of service
• Dates of service
• Date and place of birth

The fire of 1973 destroyed many personnel records. If yours may have been among them, then also include: the place of discharge, your last unit of assignment, and the place of entry into your service branch. The greater the amount of detail that you can provide with your request, the more likely it is that your military records will be located and sent to you.

In the event that you are requesting military records on someone to whom you are not the next of kin, you will be required to complete a Standard Form SF-180. The information that you receive will not be as complete as the record that is typically sent to the next of kin.

Order right now and get Unlimited Access to Army, Airforce, Marine and all other Service Records, Data Report Tools and more!


Login - Contact Us - Home - How to Locate Army Military Personnel Records
 All Rights Reserved Copyright 2008  Military Records Search is an affiliate site that recommends legal means of public records research only.